Partnership in Research and Education in Materials
The MRSEC at Harvard is a partner with the University of New Mexico in a new NSF Partnership in Research and Education in Materials (PI Gabriel P. Lopez).
Harvard University will be involved in all aspects of this project including:
- collaborative research to develop new biomaterials technology, both at UNM and at Harvard;
- collaborative development of new educational tools for use in classroom visits and other outreach activities to the general public;
- collaborative research training of undergraduates, graduate students and postdocs;
- collaborative professional development for graduate students, postdocs and faculty members; and
- collaborative educational outreach to high school teachers and the general public in New Mexico.
MRSEC faculty David Weitz, Kit Kevin Parker, and David Mooney are the primary research partners at Harvard. Educational Programs Director Kathryn Hollar coordinates educational activities between Harvard, University of New Mexico, and other partners in the PREM, including REU opportunities, development of educational modules, and public lectures by Harvard faculty.