Harvard MRSEC Publications, 2018 (DMR-1420570)
IRG 1: Mechanics of Soft Materials under Large Deformation
Primary MRSEC support (IRG1)
- Hamilton, C., K. Tian, J. Bae, C. Yang, G. Alici, G.M. Spinks, Z. Suo, and J.J. Vlassak, "A soft stretchable sensor: Towards peripheral nerve signal sensing," MRS Advances 1-6 (2018), https://doi.org/10.1557/adv.2018.220
Partial MRSEC support (IRG1)
- Perol, T., M. Gharbi, and M. Denolle, "Convolutional neural network for earthquake detection and location," Sciences Advances 4 (2), e1700578 (2018).
- Brassart, L., Q. Liu, and Z. Suo, "Mixing by shear, dilation, swap, and diffusion," Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids 112, 253-272 (2018).
- Zhang, W., X. Liu, J. Wang, J. Tang, J. Hu, T. Lu, and Z. Suo, "Fatigue of double-network hydrogels," Engineering Fracture Mechanics 187, 74-93 (2018).
IRG 2: Digital Assembly of Soft Materials
Primary MRSEC support (IRG2)
- Kotikian, A., R.L. Truby, J.W. Boley, T.J. White, and J.A. Lewis, "3D printing of liquid crystal elastomeric actuators with spatially programmed nematic order, Advanced Materials 30 (10), 1706164 (2018 | DOI: 10.1002/adma.201706164.
- Truby, R.L., M. Wehner, A.K. Grosskopf, D.M. Vogt, S.G.M. Uzel, R.J. Wood, and J.A. Lewis, "Soft somatosensitive actuators via embedded 3D printing," Advanced Materials (2018), https://doi.org/10.1002/adma.201706383
Partial MRSEC support (IRG2)
- Daniel, D., X. Yao, and J. Aizenberg, "Stable liquid jets bouncing off soft gels," Physical Review Letters 120 (2), 028006 (2018).
- Mueller, J., J.R. Raney, K. Shea, and J.A. Lewis, "Architected lattices with high stiffness and toughness via multicore-shell 3d printing," Advanced Materials, 1705001 (2018), doi: 10.1002/adma.201705001.
- Gehreis, E.W., W. Rogers, and V.N. Manoharan, "Using DNA strand displacement to control interactions in DNA-grafted colloids," Soft Matter 14 (6), 969-984 (2018).
IRG 3: Controlling and Using Instabilities in Soft, Elastic, Melded-function, Non-linear Materials and Devices
Primary MRSEC support (IRG3)
There were no primary supported IRG3 publications citing the Harvard MRSEC (DMR-1420570) during 2018.
Partial MRSEC support (IRG3)
- She, A., S. Zhang, S. Shian, D.R. Clarke, and F. Capasso, "Large area metalenses: Design, characterization, and mass manufacturing," Optics Express 26 (2), 1573-1585 (2018).
- She, A., S. Zhang, S. Shian, D.R. Clarke, and F. Capasso, "Adaptive metalenses with simultaneous electrical control of focal length, astigmatism, and shift," Science Advances 4 (2), eaap9957 (2018).
- Tsaloglou, M.-N., A. Nemiroski, G. Camci-Unal, D.C. Christodouleas, L.P. Murray, J.T. Connelly, and G.M. Whitesides, "Handheld isothermal amplification and electrochemical detection of DNA in resource-limited settings," Analytical Biochemistry 543, 116-121 (2018).
Primary MRSEC support (Seed)There were no primary supported Seed publications citing the Harvard MRSEC (DMR-1420570) during 2018.
Partial MRSEC support (Seed)
- Eun, Y.-J., P.-Y. Ho, M. Kim, S. LaRussa, L. Robert, L.D. Renner, A. Schmid, E. Garner, and A. Amir, "Archaeal cells share common size control with bacteria despite noisier growth and division," Nature Microbiology 3 (2), 148 (2018).
- Ho, P.-Y., J. Lin, and A. Amir, "Modeling cell size regulation: From single-cell level statistics to molecular mechanisms and population level effects," Cell Behavior arXiv:1801.00494 [q-bio.CB] (2018).
- Lin, J. and A. Amir, "Homeostasis of protein and mRNA concentrations in growing cells," bioRxiv, 255950 (2018), doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/255950.
- Upadhyaya, N. and A. Amir, "Disorder engineering: From structural coloration to acoustic filters," Disordered Systems and Neural Networks, arXiv:1801.07923 (2018).